In the current environment, we at Murray Edwards Events would like to extend our compassion and understanding to all our clients and colleagues, who are doing their best to react rationally and with good humour to this unprecedented challenge. This extends to our loyal team for their support and hard work in recent days.
We have been closely observing the COVID-19 situation and following government advice, we have put measures in place to protect our team, which includes working remotely from home. Please be reassured that we are still available to answer your questions or discuss new or existing bookings. We are grateful for your patience if it takes us slightly longer to get back to you.
We are working with our clients to understand how the effects of COVID-19 impact their events on a case-by-case basis. We know many of you will be looking to the future and we will continue to provide clear, relevant information to support you in rescheduling your events and enable vital business planning.
The events industry – and its people – are well–known for excellent contingency planning and a powerful ability to meet challenges and bounce back smiling. We wish everyone the best as we move forward and look forward to talking to you soon.
Murray Edwards College is doing all it can to mitigate against COVID-19 and is in constant communications with Public Health England and the University ensuring that we are as up to date as we can be. We would like to assure clients that we have put several measures in place which include:
- Sanitiser stations located at key points (including entrances) around the College
- Extra cleaning of key areas such as door handles and toilets
- Extra toilet checks to ensure a plentiful supply of soap and paper hand towels
- Signs around the College to remind people to wash hands regularly and to use the hand sanitiser provided
- Up to date information on the Murray Edwards Events and College web sites
We are asking our clients with imminent events to:
- provide us with written assurances that no guests will attend the event if they have travelled from areas defined as Category 1 in the last 14 days (regardless of whether or not they are displaying symptoms) or that no guests will attend the event if they have travelled from areas defined as Category 2 in the last 14 days if they are displaying symptoms. Please click here to see Specified Countries
- to have completed a Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of your delegates, members of the College community and other visitors to the College
- inform the College immediately in the event that one of your delegates has to self-isolate while in College and work with us in accordance with our self-isolation procedure.
It is important to note that this is a rapidly changing situation and as a result further information may be required or given out at a later date.
University of Cambridge website https://www.cam.ac.uk/notices/news/coronavirus-latest-guidance
Murray Edwards College advice for students, staff and Fellows https://www.murrayedwards.cam.ac.uk/college-life/student-wellbeing/coronavirus-covid-19-faqs