Murray Edwards College is committed to adopting the highest standards and take all reasonable steps in relation to the safety and welfare of children and adults at risk.
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website and Annex F specifically relates to arrangements for events hosted by the College but sponsored by external parties which involve persons of less than 18 years of age or vulnerable adults.
Key Procedures (please read the full Safeguarding Policy if this applies to your event)
- The College will seek evidence that external organisers have addressed their safeguarding responsibilities.
- We require minimum supervision levels for specific age groups.
- The College does not accept groups of children less than 11 years of age.
- The College separates accommodation by gender and expects appropriate level of same sex supervision available.
- Maintenance requests and the servicing of rooms will be carried out at set times or as agreed with the client.
- College staff will be provided with training consummate with responsibility and contact with guests.
The following policies also have relevance in relation to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults and reference should be made to those in their entirety: Personal Relationships; Harassment and Sexual Misconduct; Health and Safety; Identifying Allergens; Fire Safety Management; Security and Housekeeping. All Porters and Admissions staff are DBS checked. These can be found at this link.