Spring is a time when two great British foods come in to season; Jersey Royal potatoes and asparagus. We are delighted to offer this free recipe, which is a delicious choice for a light meal on a warm day. Serves 4 people (or 2 hungry people!).
Salad of Jersey Royals, Soft Boiled Duck Egg and Grilled Asparagus
225g of Jersey Royal potatoes, cooked and halved
16 asparagus spears
4 duck eggs
1 knob of butter
2 handfuls of rocket
2 handfuls of parmesan shavings
1 dash of balsamic vinegar
- Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the potatoes until golden brown. Place on some kitchen towel and keep warm.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus. Heat a griddle pan with a little olive oil. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and keep the asparagus moving until cooked.
- Test with a small knife, they should still have a slight crunch.
- To cook the duck eggs, bring a small pan of water gently to the boil with the vinegar and salt. Add the eggs and simmer for 6 ½ minutes then refresh under cold running water and gently peel when cool.
- To serve, arrange the tips of asparagus on a plate. Cut the duck eggs in half and place the eggs on top of the asparagus. Scatter over the Jersey Royals, rocket and parmesan shavings. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
If you would like to enjoy some of our delicous food, why not organise a dinner or event here at Murray Edwards? Click here to enquire now!